You are more than welcome to use the statistics we have gathered through our research. The only thing we ask in exchange is that you provide a link back to Spiel. This link can either be directly this page or the homepage of our website.
SURVEY 1: FEEDBACK FROM BUSINESSES
All the individuals that we questioned for this survey were either marketing professionals, business owners, project managers or technical specialists that have directly been involved in creating interactive videos for commercial purposes.
A considerable proportion of the individuals that we surveyed are actual clients of our interactive video company whom we have worked closely with to both create their videos and then measure the impact that they had on their business.
A total of 73 individuals were surveyed. Not all individuals answered every question. For example, if an individual had not been involved in creating an interactive onboarding video, we did not ask them for their feedback on this particular subject.
87.7% of people noted a growth in their online sales after incorporating interactive video into their sales strategy.
Yes: 57 (87.7%)
No: 8 (12.3%)
78% of people noted better online sales when they used an interactive video compared to a standard video.
Yes: 39 (78%)
No: 11 (22%)
86.2% of people who created an interactive video stated that based on the results their video achieved, they were planning on creating more videos in this format in the future.
Yes: 56 (86.2%)
No: 8 (13.8%)
95.4% of people stated that based on the results their video accomplished, they had made the right decision to create an interactive video.
Yes: 62 (95.4%)
No: 3 (4.6%)
41.5% of people said that the biggest mistake they made when starting out with interactive videos was choosing the wrong interactive platform to create their video.
Yes: 27 (41.5%)
No: 38 (58.5%)
89.5% of people said their customers preferred an interactive on-boarding video compared to text based information.
Yes: 17 (89.5%)
No: 2 (10.5%)
64.3% of people stated that they preferred a live action interactive video over an animated one.
Yes: 47 (64.3%)
No: 26 (35.7%)
68.2% of people noted a decrease in unnecessary customer service calls after launching their interactive video.
Yes: 15 (68.2%)
No: 7 (31.8%)
SURVEY 2: FEEBACK FROM CONSUMERS
This survey involved gathering feedback from 100 consumers on their thoughts on interactive videos. The participants had 3 options. Yes, No or Not Sure.
75% of people said that they preferred an interactive video to learn about a product than speaking when a sales representative.
Not Sure: 9%
64% of people said they preferred viewing an interactive video to learn about a product rather than reading text based information.
Not Sure: 13%
83% of people said they viewed a product more favourably after engaging with an interactive video on it.
Not Sure: 2%
87% of people would prefer an interactive educational video to a standard video.
Not Sure: 11%
- The vast majority of people who produced an interactive video for their business (95.4%) were pleased with the results and on hindsight viewed it as a good commercial decision.
- Most of the people who we surveyed (86.2%) are planning to create more interactive videos in the future.
- Most people noted a growth in their sales after incorporating interactive video into their sales strategy (87.7%).
- Most people noted that interactive videos deliver better business results when compared with standard videos (78%).
- More people prefer a live action interactive video over animated one (64.3%).
- The most common mistake made by the survey participants when starting out with interactive video was choosing the wrong interactive video platform to create their video (41.5%).
- More consumers prefer learning about a new product through an interactive video compared to a sales representative (75%)
- More consumers prefer interactive educational videos over standard ones. The difference is substantial.